CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Eight Days without Cloth

I just spent eight days without cloth diapers. In other words, Baby Ruffles wore disposables for eight days. I was shocked by how much I missed Baby Ruffle's fluff covered bum! Here are some observations I made during that time:

-Wet diaper smell. I never noticed it before, but wet disposable diapers stink! Whatever odor it is, it's pretty gross!

-Brightly colored coordinating cloth diaper sticking out of an outfit or dress? Way cute! Saggy disposable diaper stick out? Not so cute. 'Nough said.

-Tossing out dirty diapers. While it was nice to not have to worry about washing diapers on vacation, hotels and rented vacation houses are not the most "trash-friendly" places either. The tiny waste basket in our room filled up so quickly and we were constantly trying to figure out where to toss the dirty diapers. Not to mention, I never realized how much I don't like rolling up a dirty diaper. It's hard to believe that messing with cloth diapers feels less gross than that, but it really did.

-Diaper rubbing her skin raw. Now, this never happened in the 3 months Baby Ruffles was in disposables. However, I was disappointed to see that the edge of the top front of her diaper was rubbing her tender skin off. It was red, too. It was just a small spot, about the size of a dime, but there was definite irritation.

-Every day she looked like she was on the verge of a diaper rash (mostly due to the fact that her bum was pink all over).

-I felt like I was constantly changing her diaper! This part was interesting because I figured out that we went through roughly 80 diapers in 8 days, which is 10 diapers a day. Not bad at all considering we were going through at least 15 a day before we switched to cloth, but I found myself dreading diaper changes again.

-Last, but definitely not least... The biggest and most obvious difference were the multiple blowouts. Oh yeah! Almost forgot about those! Suddenly, it was back to poop leaking out on her cute outfits! Boy, I did not miss those! In fact, Baby Ruffles had such a huge blowout that it covered her grandfather, the chair he was sitting on, the rug on the floor, and got on her dad! Not something you want to deal with in a rented vacation house! We just don't get blowouts anymore except for the rare occasion where the diaper isn't on Baby Ruffles correctly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment