CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

How to Make Your Own Cloth Wipes

Cloth wipes are fabulous and amazing. I feel like they clean better than disposable wipes, they are super soft on baby's skin, and easy on the budget...if you make them yourself. Cloth wipes available to buy are usually $2 a piece or more, which is crazy to pay when they are so simple to make. I promise you will love using cloth wipes!

Supplies:

-Fabric of choice (I recommend flannel or another soft, cotton alternative)
-Thread
-Sewing machine
-Scissors

While you can simply use scraps of fabric (some prefer oval shaped wipes), I like having wipes that fit perfectly into my travel wipe case. You could use 8 x 8" pieces and fold them, but I prefer having smaller wipes.

-Cut an even total of 4" x 8" pieces of your fabric.

-Sew them together using a tight stitch. If you want a clean edge, use a tight zigzag stitch along the edge. If you want a frayed edge, a tight straight stitch is perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment