CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

CJ's BUTTer Product Review

Did you know that most diaper creams create build-up and sometimes staining on cloth diapers? This build-up causes wicking or leaking. There are several diaper rash products out there that are effective. A list of them with ratings can be found here.

I chose CJ's BUTTer to solve Baby Ruffle's rash issues due to rave reviews, especially about the wonderful scents available. I was not at all disappointed! Now I understand why it's widely known as "the miracle in a tube"!

CJ's BUTTer is silky smooth, requiring small amounts of product to fully coat a baby's bottom. It's not sticky or thick, yet it doesn't just wipe right off during diaper changes. "Butter" is a great name for the product because that's a perfect description of what it feels like. It goes on smooth. I've never liked smearing thick or sticky product on Baby Ruffle's already sore bottom, so the smoothness is a big plus for me. I felt like I was soothing her bottom instead of irritating it.

As far as effectiveness goes, CJ's BUTTer clears rashes right up. I apply it at the first sign of redness and the redness disappears the next day. Even those times when she's gotten a rash, CJ's worked great. For example, Baby Ruffles woke up last week with a nasty looking ammonia burn. I used CJ's BUTTer on her all day with every change and the next morning the burn was gone. I believe CJ's BUTTer works even better than my old popular zinc oxide diaper rash creams.

As for cloth diaper usage, I have had no problems with CJ's BUTTer creating build-up or staining my diapers. I have noticed a slight oily residue after washing my diapers, but it has never lasted more than 2-3 washes. Perhaps I just need to wash any diaper used with the BUTTer an extra time before allowing them to dry, but I haven't given that a try.

Okay, now on to the real reason I love this product: the delicious smell. Yes. I said "delicious"! CJ's BUTTer has an impressive list of fragrances to choose from like "Warm Vanilla Cake", "Coconut Lime Dream", "Apples and Spice", and the eyebrow raising "Monkey Farts" (apparently it smells like bananas and other yummy fruits). It's incredibly tempting to try them all. I picked "Blueberry Crumble" after reading many recommendations for that particular scent. It smells so wonderful. My mouth actually waters just imagining blueberry crumble when I use it...not something at all expected during a diaper change!! The smell doesn't just wear off. Baby Ruffles smells delicious all day. It's truly fabulous. Having said all that, they do offer an unscented version for those extra sensitive to fragrances.

Luckily for me, CJ's BUTTer is not just for diaper rashes. Baby Ruffles gets crusty, dry skin behind her ears. I decided to try the teeniest bit of CJ's BUTTer on it and it cleared it right up. Not to mention, she smelled like blueberry crumble and not spit up when I gave her kisses and cuddles! CJ's website boasts a long list of uses for their BUTTer including eczema, chapped skin, rug burns, and even leave-in conditioner! They also have a new yeast formula just for those pesky yeast infections.
CJ's BUTTer comes in a tube, tub or even a stick version and is sold by several online retailers, including their own website.

1 comments:

Holli said...

Thanks for the review! I went ahead and bought a sampler from them after I read your rave review. I just got it in the mail, and oh my lands, their scents are INCREDIBLE! I can't decide which I like best!

Post a Comment